Saturday, September 30, 2023

Creepin' It Real

 Creepin’ It Real


Hi and welcome back. This is my 2nd DT Project for Polkadoodles and the challenge set was Halloween Shapes, where we have to make a halloween shaped card.

I chose a pumpkin, mainly because there is a preset design in Brother Scan and Cut of a pumpkin. Easy right?

Don't have an electronic cutting machine? Don't worry, I've got you covered.

Access a pre designed template to print and cut via PDF (free to use).


I cut 3 white 300gsm pumpkin shapes, and used 2 of them by scoring one at roughly half inch then sticking together with another shape to create my card base.


I cut another pumpkin at the same size, but in black card stock.


The Distress Oxide colours I used to ink blend the 3rd pumpkin are:-

Fossilized Amber

Lumberjack Plaid

Wild Honey

Ripe Persimmon


Using Canva, I uploaded the wheelbarrow gnome, Frank and Gloria png. files and arranged them so they're masked and standing in a line. I was able to resize them to fit my card that would fit a 6x6 inch envelope.

I coloured the images using Spectrum Noir Triblend and brush Triblends in the following colours:-

Alpine Green Blend AG 1-3-5

Hydrangea Blend NB 1-2-3

Ice Grey Blend IG 2-7-10

Blue Turquoise Blend BT 2-5-9

Fair Skin Blend FS 6-7-8

Earth Brown Blend EB 1-4-7

Orange Blend OR 1-2-3

Dark Red Blend DR 1-4-7

The 'Creepin It Real' sentiment was coloured with orange blend and I used a GellyRoll no. 10 and a black glaze pen for added highlight and definition then matted on the same green card stock as the pumpkin top.

A really fun project that I hope you’ll try.


Take care of each other 

xx Jane xx



No comments:

Post a Comment