Saturday, September 16, 2023

Let's Be Frank ;)

 

So, this is my first DT project for Polkadoodles designs and I couldn’t be happier to be part of the team. This first card I used my Scan and Cut to cut out 3 scallop circles that measure 5.8” in diameter each, I used some white heavy pearlescent card, you can use what you wish. If you don’t have an electronic cutting machine, just die cut 3 circles. I then cut another two more scallop circles in black card stock at 5.7” to give a tiny but noticeable border around the outside. I mat the two black circles onto two of the pearlescent circles. Next I cut two 5” plain circles from patterned papers and adhered to the two black circles. I have one pearlescent scallop circle left and this I scored at ¾” and 2.5” then burnished a mountain and a valley fold. To create the easel, you need to match up the scallops then valley fold the centre score line. Pay particular attention to where you put your adhesive, because, one false move, and your card won’t be affective. Top tip!! Make sure your score lines are burnished really well, so that your card stands up nicely. Top tip!! If you’re using directional patterned paper, pay attention to how your card looks standing up and finished. I used – digi stamps and coloured using my Spectrum Noir markers. I have the Tri-blends and the brush Tri-blends and used a mixture of the two. The colours I used are as follows: Purple blend – PL, PL3, PL2 Alpine green blend – AG5, AG3, AG1 Orange blend – OR3, OR2, OR1 Brown grey blend – BG9, BG6, BG2 Ice grey blend – IG10, IG7, IG2 Dark red blend – DR7, DR4, DR1 Earth brown blend – EB7, EB4, EB1 Fair skin blend – FS8, FS7, FS6 I also used a touch of coloured pencil for more definition, and Gelly Roll no.10 for highlights. I used the ‘EEK’ sentiment and the ‘Pump Up Your Pumpkins’ sentiment mat on pink, purple and black card stock with thin borders to help those sentiments to pop off the card. I fussy cut the cauldron, ghost, bat and – for added decoration. Thanks for reading and I hope you give this one a try and share with us. Be kind to each other… Jane xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment