Sunday, October 1, 2023

Pump Up Your Pumpkins

 

Hey there crafters!!

It’s time to pump up your pumpkins :D

 

It’s an absolute pleasure to bring you this gorgeous 8x8 inch card I made using a variety of Polkadoodles digital products.

Digital means inexpensive ways to download, keep, and use as often as you wish. Without taking up space in your crafty haven.

A card with a gnome on a wheelbarrow

Description automatically generated

 

How I made this card

1.    I uploaded the Wheelbarrow Gnome digi stamp, and sentiment into Canva. I played around with the sizing, to make sure the gnome image was manageable to colour and die cut.

2.    I printed off the Gnome, and the digital papers I wanted to use from the fall themed patterned papers, and textured solid colours. Ironically called Plain Jane (haha that’s me).

I love them all, especially the textures. I hope you can see from the close-up photos just how detailed they print.

A close up of a gnome

Description automatically generated

 

3.    I used a large oval cutting die to cut out the gnome, then coloured using my Tri-Blend alcohol markers from Spectrum Noir.

4.   I cut a mat from the blue textured paper for the oval using the next size up in my nested oval dies.

5.    I cut a mat for my card base at 7 ¾ inches square using the same blue textured paper.

6.   I cut two of the patterned papers to 7 1/2” square, then cut each piece in half to 3 ¾” and adhered to the textured mat. Then used a ¾” x 7 ½” strip to lay horizontally to hide the seam of the joining patterned papers.

7.    I popped up the ovals using 1mm foam tape, added the sentiment and some sequins to finish off the card.

A drawing of a gnome

Description automatically generated

 

Thanks so much for looking today. I really hope you’ll check out my YouTube video, comment, like and subscribe.

 

Take care of each other

XX Jane XX







No comments:

Post a Comment